Sunday, 26 June 2011
Thing 2
Today I finally registered for the cpd23 programme - if you read my last post you'll know I started this process a little late, and I have some catching up to do. I started to investigate other blogs, though I've not yet visited as many as I'd like. I even posted a comment, which is a first for me, and I'm sure I will continue to actively partcipate like this as I get around to visiting more blogs. I do generally read blogs (it is just the commenting bit that is relatively new), and I frequently find them interesting and useful. I think investigating blogs as part of the cpd23 process has encouraged me to read the blogs of librarians working in other sectors. This is particularly useful as I'm undertaking voluntary work in sectors I've not previously worked in (health/academic libraries), so reading about the experiences of library staff working in these sectors will help me to develop my understanding further. Also, just the experience of creating a blog has been interesting, as it is something I've never done before. Overall, I'm really glad that I've learnt more about blogs, as I'm sure this knowledge will be useful in the future. Thing 2 has definitely encouraged me to participate more, and this is something I hope to do more of over the coming weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Carla
ReplyDeleteI'm not too far from you if you want to experience a school library anytime ;-)
Hi,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the offer! I'll soon be doing four different voluntary roles (as well as the academic/hospital library stuff, I'll be working with the librarians where I already work, and I'm tagging photographs at a publishing company that has an image library), so I have a busy time ahead...I'm trying to do anything that will help me to get a job! Never worked in a school library though, so maybe one day...;-)